About the Company
Our client is a leading real estate services company managing a multitude of privately-held investment holdings. They are currently looking for a Lead, Financial Accounting and Reporting to take responsibility for financial preparation, research, and review.
Why Work Here
- Strong culture of support, growth, and development within the Company
- Reasonable hours with little overtime required
- Vast opportunities for growth and advancement with performance
About the Opportunity
- Effectively manage the interim and annual audit/review process for approximately 30 legal entities
- Lead review of and assist with preparation of interim and annual financial statements
- Review the team’s deliverables such as lead sheets, financial transaction step memos, and journal entries
- Prepare and review bank reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, and investment summaries, etc.
- Research and evaluate accounting transactions such as acquisitions, dispositions, and restructuring
- Implement and prepare memo on ASPE/IFRS accounting technical standards
- Assure achievement of objectives in operational effectiveness, efficiency, reporting, and compliance
- Contribute to ongoing operations by initiating, recommending and implementing strategies and initiatives
- Ensure confidential and private financial information is properly handled
- Participate in special projects and business initiatives as required by Senior Management
- Canadian accounting designation and relevant university degree is a must
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience at a public accounting firm, preference for Big 4 or Large mid Sized firm
- Experience in commercial real estate and exposures to Canadian and US Corporate and Partnership tax
- Exceptional Excel skills are highly preferred, with in-depth knowledge of IFRS and/or ASPE
- Familiarity with an ERP system such as MRI, QuickBooks, Taxprep and OneSource
- Superior analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
$80,000 - $100,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29243.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.