We are looking for an energetic junior technical support professional who is a motivated “problem solver” and “ticket closer” to join our client's team. You will solve complex issues, working with non-technical clients to fix their IT related problems and make things run right again.
This is a challenging technical support job where every day is different and you’ll use industry-leading tools to help businesses eliminate frustrating computer problems. This is a position with extensive opportunity for future growth and development within the company.
About the Opportunity
- Taking telephone or email inquiries and then troubleshooting and solving computer hardware, software, or network problems;
- Remotely accessing client workstations and servers to perform necessary maintenance and fix issues that arise;
- Providing remote support for Microsoft operating systems and programs as well other common small business applications;
- Providing troubleshooting and support for Office365 issues;
- Providing onsite support as required;
- Utilizing remote monitoring and management system to help effectively manage clients’ networks.
- MCSA, MCP, CCNA. Network+, A+ (any combination would be an asset)
- 6 months+ of Co-op or enterprise IT work experience
- Experience with Windows operating system required; Linux/Unix exposure preferred but not required
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills with a focus on root-cause analysis to prevent recurring issues
- Strong understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and File Sharing
- Hands-on experience with Networking/Infrastructure components and technologies such as Switch, Router, Firewall and VPN
- Ability to diagnose PC hardware and software related problems, perform repairs, and provide support for a wide range of applications
- Data Recovery experience preferred but not mandatory
- Knowledge of Office 365 administration is a plus
- Hand-on experience with data backup and recovery solutions/disaster recovery tools
- Familiar with VMware or other virtualization technologies (HyperV) & basic administrative tasks
- Remote Access Tool experience a plus
- Ticketing System Experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed and courteous email manner in speaking with clients
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly process-oriented and driven to create process from efficiencies found in exploration of problem solving; or the ability to create clear technical guides for internal and external use
$35,000 - $45,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27744.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.