About the Opportunity
- Support the Accounting team by ensuring timely and accurate completion of the monthly close processes, including the preparation of journal entries
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for financial activities
- Post journal entries including Accounts Payable accruals, etc.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the monthly lead sheets for balance sheet reconciliation and investigate discrepancies if necessary
- Assist with intercompany reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Assist with tracking capital expenditures, fixed asset continuity schedule and other related reconciliations
- Assist with financial analysis and monthly reporting packages
- Ensure transactions are recorded and maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Prepare salaried payroll entries on a bi-weekly basis and investigate discrepancies if required
- Maintain prepaid schedules and intercompany reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Electronic and manual filing of documents, reports, journal entries and other Accounting related information
- Participate in various finance initiatives to streamline and improve current processes
- Support various business projects
- 1+ years Full cycle Accounting Experience
- Pivot tables/VLOOKUP in Excel an absolute must
- MFG industry experience would be an advantage
- Experience in manufacturing, supply chain, or consumer products is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of balance sheets, ledger entries, etc.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), adapting messages to suit stakeholder groups
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills to prioritize in a fast-paced growth environment
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- High degree of professionalism, ethics, and integrity
$18 - $23/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28830.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.