About the Opportunity
As a Junior Accountant on our growing Finance team, you’ll ensure timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in our accounting system. You’ll own all cash-related entries, prepaids, fixed assets and other monthly closing activities, and will also work closely with the team to manage the accounts payable function and support the treasury function for outgoing and incoming payments
- Manage the recording of all bank transactions receipts and payments and prepare wires and electronic payments for vendors through the banking system
- Complete month end accruals, prepaid journals and other month end closing activities
- Own the fixed asset subledger and related reconciliations
- Prepare and set up monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage the accounts payable process, including coding of expenses, obtaining approval, weekly payment runs and vendor set up and maintenance; resolve vendor inquiries in a timely manner
- Manage credit card expenses, payments and reconciliation
- Assist with year-end third party financial statement review process
- Provide assistance to other projects as assigned
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting
- 1-2 years previous related experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Proficient in MS Office product suite - which includes a strong working knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience working with Elite E3 Financial System and/or any other financial accounting system would be considered an asset
- Strong client service orientation combined with the ability to manage multiple client needs at the same time
- Exceptional attention to detail, efficient and organized
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication verbal and written and interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment – the ability to work with tact, poise and discretion.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary i.e. month-end, year-end
$50,000 - $60,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #284609
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.