About the Opportunity
- Responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and ensuring timely payment of expenses.
- Reconciles accounts and posts to journals; solves problems with accounts reconciliations.
- Performs routine accounting work following established procedures, such as posting a variety of accounting entries and preparing invoices.
- Prepares, analyzes, and monitors journal entries, reconciliations, and reports for General Ledger.
- Assists more senior staff in preparation of complex reports, financial statements.
- Completes bank reconciliations.
- Complies with all relevant regulations and reporting requirements.
- Working with other accountants and auditors.
- Using the highest standards and practices to ensure financial documents comply with GAAP (ASPE).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education with enrollment in a professional accounting program plus 2 to 3 years’ related work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Adaptive Budget, and Forecasting.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word); and proficient use of Excel, pivot tables, and macros.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Healthcare and/or government sector experience is nice to have.
$55,000 - $60,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #389865.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.