About the Company
Our client is a large Canadian public company and they are looking to hire a Java Lead.
About the Opportunity
- This is a Development Lead position which is mostly an oversight role, not much hands-on coding is expected outside of coaching/mentorship and code reviews with developers, architecture and design tasks
- The person is expected to be strong technically to be able to manage and lead a scrum team of 8-10 (including devs, testers, scrum master), and participate in architecture and design (working with architects/etc.)
- Tech stack is full stack Java, Springboot, React, Microservices and APIs
- History of progressive Java hands-on positions (with Springboot, Struts a plus)
- Front end development experience (React a plus)
- Strong understanding of APIs and microservices
- Experience leading Agile scrum teams (code reviews, architecture, mentoring, task assignment, etc.)
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Financial industry experience
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- AODA understanding
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 398478
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.