About the Company
Our client is a manufacturer and supplier of industrial materials, and they are looking to hire a Full-Time IT Specialist/Administrator to join their team.
About the Opportunity
- The IT Specialist/Administrator position is responsible for providing onsite (office and manufacturing) and remote (Sales teams, etc) technical support to end users related to the company’s infrastructure platforms, PCs, servers, networks, system backups, anti-virus, printing, and other facility specific systems
- This position will be part of the North American IT team, working alongside the departments to ensure high-quality and positive technical experiences covering:
- Support MS365 (Teams, One Drive, SharePoint) Tier 2
- Problem shooting PC/laptop issues, network issues Tier2, installing systems, patch management and firmware updates
- Provide hands on support of server/storage devices (perform backups of data on the floor- minimal), some VMWare
- Support basic SAP, Salesforce inquiries, manufacturing shop applications
- Promote security best practices (avoiding phishing, spam, etc)
- Create processes to improve technology within the environment
- Researches, evaluates, recommends, and can implement IT systems that align to business priorities
- The role is a mix of providing strong IT support and administration and leadership to help progress the overall IT environment
- Self-sufficient, experienced IT leaders with strong communication skills.
- Able to understand and take business requirements, and make IT recommendations to address those requirements and challenges
- Looking for strong IT leadership mindset
- Proven working experience in monitoring and troubleshooting Microsoft OS, VMWare and storage environments
- Experience with Active Directory, Windows Server 2012+, Office 365 administration and desktop support
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Working knowledge of scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts)
- Basic knowledge of firewalls and similar security appliances (quick configuration changes)
- At least 2+ years prior information technology and systems experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- MCSA certification, MCSE: Core Infrastructure or similar certifications preferred
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 299902.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.