ARE YOU AN IT SECURITY ANALYST LOOKING TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Our client is looking for an experienced professional to join their team.
IT Security Analyst (SIEM ArcSight)
Under general direction, the Security Administrator will be responsible for analyzing, monitoring, tracking and reporting behavior/tasks in the firm's IT infrastructure environment. The Analyst will ensure the company is protected from any potential leaks or malicious activities, and will perform routine actions of analyzing correlated event logs to help identify normal versus malicious activity in the network/domain. The Analyst will proactively monitor cyber security and information technology infrastructure, including hardware, software, networks, applications and services. Additionally, this employee will provide technical leadership, guidance, and daily direction for the Security Operations team.
About the Opportunity
- Monitoring and analyzing network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs, cloud security, anti-virus reports, threat management feeds, etc.
- Creating and tracking security investigations to resolution
- Working with a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution - ArcSight
- Participate in activities to tune and optimize all Security tools used in the environment (IAM, WAF, IDS, Vulnerability Management, DLP, SIEM, Anti-Virus, IDM, etc).
- Leads, analyzes, and assesses security incidents that occur, and escalates incidents by following incident plan
- Creates, develops, and maintains standard practices and procedures to respond appropriately to internal and external threats
- Assesses potential risks and vulnerabilities in the network by establishing status quo for the networks and recognizing any deviations in order to provide actionable recommendations in the event of malicious activity
- Performs risk and security assessments of applications, databases, and servers and supports networking technologies
- Follows Information Security process, policies and procedures congruent with standards and industry best practices
- Supports engineering team on initiatives to perform penetration testing on network and applications using ethical hacking techniques in order to determine network and application vulnerability
- Develops and executes corrective action plans and remediation plans when issues are identified in order to mitigate the risk of exploitation
- Performs reviews and assessments of security controls before hardware/software is migrated to production
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in an IT security role
- Knowledge of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) - ArcSight
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience as a System Administrator (Unix/Windows) Network Administrator experience is preferred
- CISSP certification preferred
- Hands on experience managing an array of security tools (e.g. Web Content Filtering, Malware, Firewalls, Intrusion Protection, etc.)
- Ability to read system data, including, but not limited to, security and network event logs, web, anti-virus, DLP, syslogs, IPS, and firewall logs
- Knowledge of threat management tools is a plus
- Knowledge of Windows 200X server platforms and Unix systems (Linux, CentOS, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about security issues, vulnerabilities, regulatory and legal changes, and security standards that may impact information security
- Knowledge about security standards/policies (PCI, ISO 27001, SOC, SOX, NIST, CIS, etc.) is a plus
- Maintains a broad knowledge of current and emerging network security threats
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #18182.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its three divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing and Lannick Technology. Lannick places more than 1,000 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more at www.lannick.com.
Better jobs. Better people. Better fit.