This position is an exciting role for the right candidate with strong technical know-how and leadership qualities who is eager to drive security initiatives from start to finish. Being a problem-solver is a MUST! This position presents opportunities to advise on IT security strategy as well as implement selected toolsets/strategies.
About the Opportunity
- Perform IT security architecture reviews and provide feedback on proposed designs
- Manage IT security projects within the company and assist with integrating security best practices into business projects
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing advisory services related to IT security architecture strategy as well as security requirements implementation both locally and at the global level
- Analyze cybersecurity vulnerabilities discovered through scanning or industry reporting and propose remediation approaches
- Recommend critical IT security tools and drive their capability and functionality improvements along with their associated processes
- Assist the IT Team with host and network incident analysis, response and mitigation
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure that the SIEM tools support the overall security strategy
- Support the planning, development and implementation of critical projects by enhancing defense-in-depth security architecture strategies
- Implement company-specific policies and procedures in accordance with the company’s global information security and privacy policies
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in IT security
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (such as information technology or management) or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with network devices such as firewalls, IPS/IDS, VPNs and Proxies
- Strong understanding of network architecture and IT security best practices
- Experience working with a broad array of security monitoring and defense tools
- Strong experience with incident response, vulnerability management, remediation plans, etc.
- Experience developing and implementing company-wide IT Security policies
- CISSP or similar
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively and tactfully with both business-oriented executives and technology-oriented colleagues
- Ability to negotiate compromise among business partners with competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and proactively in unstructured environments
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously that involve key stakeholders across a global and complex organization
$85,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24573.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.