This position is an exciting role for the right candidate with strong technical know-how and leadership qualities who is eager to work on security planning and testing in an Advisor capacity. This position presents opportunities to advise on IT cybersecurity /risk strategy for a very large corporation.
About the Opportunity
- Perform IT security architecture reviews and provide feedback on proposed designs
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing advisory services related to IT security architecture strategy as well as security requirements implementation both locally and at the global level
- Utilize a forward-looking posture to defend against cybersecurity vulnerabilities and provide testing/planning advice
- Recommend critical IT security tools and drive their capability and functionality improvements along with their associated processes
- Collaborate with the IT teams to ensure current tools support the overall IT security strategy
- Support the planning, development and implementation of critical projects by enhancing defense-in-depth security architecture strategies
- Implement company-specific policies and procedures in accordance with the company’s global information security and privacy policies
- Minimum of 5 years of previous hands-on experience in IT security
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (information technology or management) or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of network architecture and IT security best practices
- Experience with Cybersecurity Strategy & Governance, Cyber threat intelligence operations, Security Architecture, Data Protection & Information
- Security, Third Party Risk Management, and Regulatory compliance
- Infrastructure Security, Vulnerability assessments & Penetration testing, Secure Software Development Lifecycle, End point protection, Logging and Monitoring, Incident Response, and Disaster Recovery
- Strong experience with incident response, vulnerability management, remediation plans, etc.
- Accreditation such as CISSP, CISM, CEH, OSCP and/or OSCE is preferred
- Experience developing and implementing company-wide IT Security policies
- Deep understanding of Regulatory and Controls requirements: PCI, FFIEC, SOX, HIPAA, ISO 2700x, and NIST. standards
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively and tactfully with both business-oriented executives and technology-oriented colleagues
- Ability to negotiate a compromise among business partners with competing priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously that involve key stakeholders across a global and complex organization
$100,000 - $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24633.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.