About the Company
Our client owns a direct or indirect interest in forty-eight facilities, of which forty-seven are hydroelectric generating facilities and one wastewater treatment facility in Arizona. They are looking to hire an International Tax Manager who will primarily be responsible for the International corporate income tax accounting, planning, and compliance matters throughout the organization.
Why Work Here
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- CPA dues reimbursed
- Opportunity for growth
About the Opportunity
- Administer the preparation and review of all international corporate tax compliance including country by country reporting, T1134 reporting, FAPI calculations, and other as required
- Prepare annual surplus calculations and coordinate review with external advisors
- Provide transactional support as they relate to international tax matters including mergers and acquisitions, integration, divestitures, and corporate reorganizations
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and year-end tax provisions
- Coordinate with advisors with respect to foreign reporting requirements, transfer pricing documentation, tax payments, etc
- Communicate with government and financial statement auditors and respond to audit requests
- Stay current with changing tax laws in multiple jurisdictions
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive income tax experience which includes outbound international tax specialization in a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Experience in dealing with taxation in Latin American countries considered an asset
- Degree in accounting or finance, along with a professional accounting designation (CPA preferred)
- Completion of the In-depth tax course
- Strong tax accounting skills with experience in reporting under US GAAP
- Exposure to regulated utility income tax matters preferred, but not required
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 30340.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.