About the Company
Our client is a leading global and public manufacturing company. They are currently looking for an Internal Auditor to take on a variety of internal audit-related activities such as operational reviews, enterprise risk management, IT Audit, and SOX Compliance, amongst other related duties.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- People tend to stick with the organization for the long run as there are many opportunities to grow
- The company encourages professional and career development and provides opportunities within different departments as well (i.e.corporate finance, treasury, etc.)
About the Opportunity
- Reporting the Director of Internal Audit and assisting with assigned assurance, advisory and other engagements
- Performing risk assessments to determine audit focus (e.g. objective, scope, potential for fraudulent activities, and audit criteria)
- Planning and scoping assigned internal audit reviews, including utilization of data analytics techniques to focus our efforts on key risks to the organization
- Developing/Executing audit programs: documenting controls (incl. flow chart, narrative, and risk and control matrix), ensuring direct linkage between the procedures performed and the risks to be addressed, preparing audit test plans, documenting test results/audit findings, identifying deficiencies, summarizing recommendations, and developing the sampling methodology etc.
- Drafting internal audit reports for presentation at Audit and Finance Committee meetings, including the audit results/findings, risks and practical/ cost-effective recommendations for issues identified
- Partner with management to determine appropriate remediation/action plans and timeliness to address any audit findings and ensure they are carried out
- Perform testing on design and operating effectiveness of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting/ Disclosures to support Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 assessment of compliance, including:
- Financial/Operational controls
- IT General Controls and IT Application Controls
- Reporting of audit results/issues, and coordinating the remediation and closing of all identified control gaps though working with management to achieve practical solutions
- Evaluate significant deficiencies and material weaknesses
- Monitor changes in business processes, information systems, management and operations, and coordinate with functional staff to ensure the RCM (Risk Control Matrix) is up to date and appropriately reflected in scope of work
- Plan/execute on fraud/loss prevention programs by working with finance, manufacturing, security and IT teams
- Work with external auditors to ensure audits and related projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- CPA designation or close to completion (passed CFE exam)
- Public Accounting experience at a mid-size or large firm
- Experience auditing public companies
- Exposure to SOX
- Manufacturing Industry experience is nice to have
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29861.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.