About the Company
Our client is one of Canada’s largest financial institutions and they are looking for an Internal Audit Manager who will interact closely with business unit leaders to understand, assess and substantively test processes and operations within the business.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunity to work with one of the leaders in the financial services industry and exposure to fantastic mentorship.
- Role will have exposure to working closely with senior leadership and have the support of a high caliber team.
- Participates in audit planning activities including consulting with the business to collect background information and documentation to conduct field work as well as support the assessment of risk, determine the scope of the audit and develop a comprehensive testing plan.
- Conducts risk-focused audits in accordance with Internal Audit Review policies, practices and standards.
- Performs testing of key controls and protocols to determine whether the controls are operating effectively and identify significant control weaknesses.
- Documents audit findings and test results, exercising judgment to analyze results in preparing working papers which record and summarize audit data and adequately support audit findings and conclusions.
- Communicates audit results and provides specialized business advice to Business Unit Management such as policy and process recommendations and best practices; on occasion may escalate audit concerns to Internal Audit Management to ensure high risk issues are resolved.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders including Internal Audit staff, auditors of parent companies and clients to maintain effective communication and support the ongoing mitigation of any audit risks and areas of exposure.
- Manages small audits and provides direction and advise to Auditors to ensure recommendations are relevant and comprehensive, and enhance internal controls or operational efficiency for situations where exceptions are identified through testing
- Researches emerging audit and risk related issues, trends and methodologies to assess impact on CIBC Mellon’s changing business, and maintains knowledge of CIBC Mellon business operations and internal controls to conduct high quality audits and provide relevant and realistic recommendations
- 3 to 5 years progressive experience in audit
- Knowledge of securities industry and custody services or financial services
- Experience of technology based auditing and data analytical procedures.
Highly competitive and comprehensive salary package which includes, base, bonus and RRSP match.
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #391728.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.