About the Opportunity
Our Corporate Accounting Team has an exciting career opportunity for you in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Manager, Financial Reporting & Accounting, you will have exposure to various subsidiaries, financial statement preparation and variance analysis. We are seeking a team oriented individual who has a focused, detail oriented approach to completing tasks.
- Prepare annual and quarterly subsidiary financial statements and working capital regulatory filings
- Responsible for variance analysis of results, comparing actual results to budget, forecast and prior year. Analysis includes an understanding of the key revenue and expense drivers of the business.
- Develop and improve various financial reports
- Prepare schedules used to support the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
- Responsible for month end close processes including journal entries, reconciliations and supporting documentation
- Assist with year-end, interim and quarterly reviews, including peer review testing, preparing schedules, analytics and working papers for auditors
- Responsible for the overall accuracy and accounting for multiple subsidiaries
- Provide support in the forecasting and budgeting process, including communicating with business partners and understanding and identify business trends
- Statistics Canada regulatory reporting
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc requests
- Minimum of 2 years of accounting experience
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Good organizational and time management skills
- A focused, detail oriented approach to completing tasks with good organizational and time management skills
$27 - $29/hr
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #392905.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.