Our Client is looking for a Controller for a 3 month contract.
About the Opportunity
- Prepare and book entries for open projects
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare annual financial statements including supporting working paper files
- Prepare schedule for recoveries from projects on biweekly basis
- Prepare and maintain monthly project cash flow forecast for assigned projects
- Prepare and submit loan draw/cash call reports to lenders/cost consultants along with backup detail
- Respond to all related queries and make sure funds are received on a timely basis
- Liaise with operations to provide bimonthly/quarterly project analysis including variance analysis and budget updates
- Monitor monthly activity and maintain a strong understanding of project status
- Review accounting processes and procedures to recommend changes as appropriate
- Improve internal controls and/or efficiencies
- Other related duties as requested
- Accounting designation CA/CGA/CMA, or final stages of completion
- Minimum 5 years of accounting, budgeting and cash flow experience within project accounting
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- Exceptional computer skills including advanced Excel
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27536.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.