About the Company
Our client is a leading industrial company providing construction and infrastructure solutions across a multitude of product lines. They are currently looking for an Indirect Tax Manager to manage the company’s indirect and excise tax compliance, audits, planning, business advisory, and business processes.
Why Work Here
- Complex and challenging work with opportunities to expand your skill set
- Competitive salary and benefits package (flex benefits program, DCPP matching, annual CPA dues reimbursement)
About the Opportunity
- Manage the preparation and filing of federal and provincial monthly indirect and excise return filings
- Manage all Canadian indirect tax audits and be able to negotiate issues that arise
- Analyze all new tax legislation or changed administrative practices and communicate to affected parties
- Research and develop reasonable, supportable positions in writing for all tax-sensitive transactions
- Minimize the company’s indirect taxes through development, communication and training
- Advise management on the indirect tax effects of their business activities, investments and divestitures
- Overall responsibility for the direction and maintenance of SAP Canadian indirect tax tables
- Responsible for the effective and efficient resolution of P2P and O2C Canadian indirect tax issues
- Supervise and mentor the ABS indirect tax analyst
- Manage indirect tax reviews in conjunction with external experts to identify and obtain tax refunds
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place to protect from non-compliance with taxing authorities
- Work closely with others on indirect tax and other related projects that have a high dollar impact
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies
- CPA designation or equivalent
- Experience with Canadian Indirect Tax / Commodity Tax regulations and policies
- Experience in managerial, accounting, and analysis roles with similar scope and complexity is a strong asset
- Experience in the building materials industry an asset
- Excellent negotiating, organizational, and supervisory skills
- Proficiency with GST/HST regulations is an asset
$120,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29263.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.