About the Opportunity
- Review systems and processes with respect to indirect tax compliance for all Canadian and foreign business operations
- Meet with external service providers and document and understand reporting requirements and deadlines
- Identify overpayments, document and support and overpayments and file refund claims to recover overpayments of indirect taxes
- Investigate the recoverability of foreign indirect taxes paid on expenses incurred in foreign jurisdictions
- Research and document technical issues related to indirect taxes that arise in respect of issues that arise in all lines of business
- Monitor, review and evaluate updates to indirect tax legislation, relevant court cases, and government budget announcements to maintain up-to-date knowledge of indirect tax developments and their impact
- Provide updates with respect to the quarterly Tax Risk Management report outlining status of government audits and related tax exposures, status of tax compliance, and changes in tax legislation
- Coordinate receipt/preparation of information and document responses to requests for all Canadian and Foreign jurisdiction indirect tax authority audits
- 3+ years of indirect or commodity tax experience (either in a firm or in industry)
- HST and/or QST experience
- Relevant education
$40,000 - $50,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28752.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.