ARE YOU AN IFRS CONSULTANT LOOKING TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL? Our client is looking for a CPA to join their team for a 24 month contract.
IFRS Consultant - 24 Month Contract
About the Opportunity
- Defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Developing strategy communication documents to report project progress, providing frequent verbal and written progress reports on the status of projects and providing action plans or recommendations on project deployment to project sponsors
- Estimating the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Proactively managing changes in project scope, identifying potential risks and crisis, recommending alternatives/options and devising contingency plans
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring project budgets to ensure that there are no costs or resource over runs
- Tracking project milestones and deliverables ensuring project requirements are achieved in a timely fashion and within budgetary guidelines
- Actively engaging in assigned project activities working in collaboration with other project team members to ensure that Finance interests are considered and attained
- Review and evaluate project plans, deliverables
- Build "quality in” work processes and performance reporting
- Ensure that due diligence is exercised in all dealings with other project team members from the Finance perspective
- Review business documentation for accuracy and completeness and provide advice/feedback where necessary
- Preparing and presenting project proposals, including financial analysis, cost estimates, terms of reference and cost/benefit studies for each option
- Supporting business by coordinating business testing activities for Finance which includes creation of test scenarios, cases, plans and execution
- Communicating impact of processes review to Finance users
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with internal clients, operational staff, consultants and management to be aware of issues that impact on current and future projects, manage expectations, resolve conflict and elicit their support and cooperation
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required (including accounting advisory)
- CPA, CA designation
- 8 years of experience managing large complex implementation project for public or private organization is an asset
- IFRS knowledge (IFRS 9, 10, 11, 16, 17) is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24035.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.