About the Opportunity
- Develop and implement HR programs to create a positive, effective, and equitable work environment. Work with the management team to ensure programs are in line with the corporate directives and philosophies
- Standalone payroll for 50-200 employees
- Maintain the personnel files, ensuring complete information is collected and updated as required
- Manage the group benefits program. Review the benefit plan options to ensure ongoing market competitiveness and cost containment objectives continue to be met.
- Administer the benefits plan by adding, deleting, and changing employee coverage and reviewing monthly remittances for accuracy. Provide benefits information to employees and assist with claims adjudication as needed.
- Provide employees with confidential support and policy interpretation. Provide mediation in employee relation issue resolution
- Manage the recruiting process to ensure appropriate staffing skills and levels are maintained and that the hiring practices adhere to all legal requirements.
- Identify and meet the training needs for teams and individuals
- Manage performance and succession planning programs
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (or equivalent experience) with 1-2 years experience
- Recent, relevant experience with standalone payroll is absolutely required
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor degree or college diploma, preferably in Human Resources or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of progressive and relevant Human Resources Generalist experience, ideally within midsize companies.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in manufacturing.
- CHRP designation in good standing is an asset but not required.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to interact with employees at various levels within the organization.
- Possesses a solid knowledge and understanding of employment legislation including; Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Experience with HRIS, ATS, or other HR related systems is considered an asset.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with absolute discretion and tact
$60,000 - $65,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29744.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role