About the Opportunity
- Use a consultative approach and broad generalist knowledge to work directly with specific client groups to provide an experienced level of independent counsel, expert advice, high level of human resources consulting, coaching, and leadership
- Support labour and employee relations matters, and contribute to the continuous improvement of organizational performance that meets the needs of Sherbourne Health
- Conduct both straightforward and complex workplace investigations with respect to issues, such as harassment, human rights code violations, and employment complaints; recommend options for resolving issues
- Participate in the discipline/termination discussions between manager and employee. Review past cases both internally and externally for best practice
- Prepare for, and assist with the grievance process up to, and including arbitration
- Participate and support Health and Safety programs including WSIB claims management, and the offering of modified duties as needed, supporting employees in the return-to-work process, and Joint Health and Safety Committee support/participation
- Participate in the development and implementation of Human Resources policies, procedures, and programs
- Assist with the recruitment process by reviewing the hiring manager’s request to recruit and hire. Assist with interviews on an as-needed basis
- Perform exit interviews to employees leaving the organization
- Prepare reports, education, and presentations related to key workplace relations issues to support organizations’ continuous learning
- Lead, develop, and coordinate organization-wide HR programs as assigned
- Develop, maintain, and assess HR key data on an on-going basis to identify quality improvement opportunities
- Manage relationships with third party providers for selected group benefit programs to ensure service level agreements are adhered to
- Design and deliver, education and communication materials to promote benefit programs.
- Handle all employee enquiries regarding our benefits plans
- Ensure cheques are received from employees on leave for their premium payments
- Partner with the Vice President, Finance & Administration and client group, to mitigate employee relation issues and determine corrective actions
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all HR-related information
- Process leave requests, such as maternity/parental leave, medical leaves, leave of absence, etc.
- Develop and deliver, group and individual training/information sessions on SH’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS), Time and Attendance input system, benefits, policies, processes, procedures, and mandatory trainings
- Prepare and maintain seniority lists
- University or college degree/diploma in business administration, human resources, or a related field
- 4-5 years of HR experience, preferably in a unionized healthcare or not-for-profit environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to occasionally work outside regular hours or offsite training
$30 - $35/hour
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29331.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.