ARE YOU A SEASONED TECHNOLOGY LEADER WITH STRONG RETAIL INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE? We have been retained by a large retailer in the West GTA to recruit an experienced Head of Technology (both IS and IT) who has proven retail industry experience, e-commerce delivery skills, and is a seasoned innovative technology leader.
Head of Technology (Retail Industry)
About the Opportunity
- Lead both IT Infrastructure and Business Applications/Solutions teams (15-20 staff total)
- Develop and manage an Enterprise application and business solutions roadmaps and target application architecture
- Deliver information technology projects within established project constraints (on-time, on-budget, within scope, high quality)
- Foster innovation within the organization to create new solutions that enable business results and to improve effectiveness of IT service delivery
- Proactively evaluate solution delivery partnerships with 3rd party providers, manage vendor relationships and ensure vendor performance within the solution delivery model
- Develop effective working relationship with business partners by defining, maintaining, and by delivering upon Service Level Objectives to enhance the visibility and value contribution of the Information Technology group within the company
- Develop and manage a departmental budget
- Understand client’s business model, business needs and opportunities for optimization
- Manage and lead teams, including hiring, coaching and effectively managing individual and team performance to meet goals and objectives.
- Effectively manage distributed teams and ability to direct the successful delivery of large, multi-phased projects using effective and process system delivery processes and management tools
- Experience leading an IT teams, including associated corporate systems and solutions to deliver value to the business
- At least 15 years in progressive technology-related hands-on and leadership roles
- Deep understanding of Retail (Supply Chain, Merchandising, Warehousing, POS, PCI, etc) concepts as they relate to brick/mortar stores as well as E-Commerce
- Experience deploying/running/growing large E-Commerce applications (eg Demandware)
- Senior level experience leading teams that implemented/maintained ERP, WMS, BI, CRM and other enterprise-grade applications
- Proven experience aligning Technology with business objectives, driving business success through delivering timely and efficient technology solutions
- Experience managing both Infrastructure and Application teams
- Proven Project Management skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive change through an organization through communication, leadership, and influencing skills
- Excellent leadership, change management and communications skills
- Ability to effectively interface with business teams to capture requirements, drive results, and build strong relationships
$150,000 - $170,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23804.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.