About the Company
Our client is a manufacturing company. They are looking for a Global Cost Accounting Manager. The role collaborates both financial and non-financial data to improve operational effectivity and provide costing information relevant for managerial decision.
Why Work Here
- Work with a growing business
- Clear opportunity to progress into CFO role
- Opportunity to work with a highly respected CEO
About the Opportunity
- A key member of the implementation team in ERP roll out
- Finance lead in annual physical inventory counts, procedures, processes, and accuracy
- Measure changes of materials and operations cost on a quarterly basis.
- Develop standardized reporting utilizing LN Reports and Power BI to provide Operations management with daily and monthly metrics related to plant performance
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual audit, including work papers and schedules related to costing
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Business plan, and for planning, forecasting and ad hoc analyses
- Manage performance of direct reports in Costing in North America and India. Direct reports include Cost Accountant in Canada, and in India Inter-company Reconciliation Specialist and Cost Accountant.
- Dotted line accountability for all Costing personnel in every factory in the Armstrong group
- Executive plan for skills development for Costing team globally to bring up their caliber in supporting Operations.
- Perform professional accounting work in the collecting, measuring, accumulating, and interpreting of internal cost accounting information for all operating companies.
- Assist in the control and maintenance of our standard cost system.
- Ensure data integrity in Material costs and all associated surcharges as well as in Labor and Shop rates in all factories.
- Prepare margins analyses and plant performance measurement metrics and eradicate operational variances.
- Perform month-end and year-end closing functions that pertain to Sales, Cost of Sales and Manufacturing Variances. Prepare detailed Cost, Sales, and Inventory reconciliation. Post month-end and related journal entries.
- Prepare inter-company reconciliation, including mark-up schedule and inter-company cost transactions differences.
- Identify and analyze manufacture variances, purchase variances and inventory adjustments and provide root causes for corrective actions.
- Measure inventory movement and performance as well as calculate the inventory reserve based on corporate policies.
- A minimum of 10 years’ recent experience in a cost environment within a complex manufacturing setting.
- ERP implementations experience an asset
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
$115,000/year to $120,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #344035.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.