About the Opportunity
- Perform daily accounting duties - including monitoring cash balances, posting journal entries, reconciling accounts and preparing financial analysis.
- Responsible for the monthly close process for assigned areas, and the preparation of internal, external financial reports and other analyses/financial management reports
- Full ownership of assigned account recs with deep understanding of underlying transactions and ending balances change drivers
- Responsible for preparation of audit working papers and interactions with external auditors on assigned areas. Contribute to streamlining the year-end audit process.
- Prepare EFT/wire transfers in a strict compliance with the electronic payment policy
- Responsible for monitoring cash flow and compliance with bank requirements including the preparation weekly cash flow forecasts
- Act as key finance liaison with the clubs supporting them in accurate and timely completion of cash reconciliations and other accounting/finance activities
- Support business units with the calculation of sales bonuses, commissions, and personal trainers’ compensation.
- Provide input to payroll team on a timely basis.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Comply with internal controls, accounting policies and other financial policies.
- A post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or Economics
- Accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA or equivalent) or working towards a designation is preferred
- 3 – 5+ years' experience in accounting/finance
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Retail or fitness industry experience is preferred
$75,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #387326.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.