About the Opportunity
- With assistance of purchasing, file receiving reports, purchase orders & packing slips awaiting vendor invoices
- Compile & match vendor invoices with corresponding purchase orders/receiving reports & packing slips
- Verify pricing; quantity billed & product description agrees with purchase order
- Verify and check vendor invoices for accuracy and validate vendor invoices with correct general ledger coding
- Resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Once coded for G/L, enter vendor invoices into accounts payable system to await payment
- Review and file invoices/credits for future reference & audit purposes.
- Maintain accounts payable vendor files
- Accounts Receivable collections calls and emails
- Posting of cash receipts in on daily basis
- Analysis of short payments and discrepancies. Direction to proper department for resolution. Follow up on progress until resolved paid or credited
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history.
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files
- Daily payroll time and attendance maintenance
- Provide administrative support to Senior Management Team including President/CEO, VP of Operations, Director of Sales and Director of Marketing
- Preparation of correspondence and PowerPoint Presentations
- Coordinator of special events and offsite meetings, including venue sourcing, catering, gifting, schedules etc
- Miscellaneous tasks as requested
- Administration support and relief during vacation time.
- Reconciliation of credit cards
- Any other administrative tasks that may arise
- Complete month end procedures through to Financial Statements
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports
- Develop and analyze ad-hoc reports as required
- Accounting – minimum accounting diploma or 5 years of accounting work experience
- Someone that takes pride in their job and takes accountability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication
- Good computer skills
- Able to work under time constraints
- Adaptable to change
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #326243
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.