About the Opportunity
- Design and implement APIs using industry best practices that provide a rich integration platform for external entities and internal cross platform applications built upon legacy to modern technology frameworks
- Write elegant code, or otherwise implement solutions in the appropriate tool sets, conforming to software quality standards
- Work with the business at a senior level to help guide them through their development journey.
- Consult with the business to produce clear and concise business modelling.
- Assess the development architecture (if required) to ensure that the roadmap will be effective and advise if otherwise required. They will depend on YOU to provide them with the proper guidance based on your experience and past success.
- Understand the vision and ensure that what is required in terms of technology and skills are available.
- Ensure that the interfaces are designed to spec with full functionality.
- Work with the company vendors and act as an SME to ensure that the organization is not only getting full value from the partnership but also that the vendors are held accountable to what was promised.
- Act as a lead to other developers if your skill level permits.
- Understand and work within the “Low Code, No Code” principle.
- Focus on deployment and production to ensure product launch success.
- Bring a software engineer mindset to the team.
- Analyze scope, business requirements, end-to-end business processes, data flows, and existing systems and databases to design simple to complex components that align with overall system architectures as well as organization standards
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering is preferred but a Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent university-level program will suffice.
- Experience/solid understanding of business process automation involving analysis of manual business processes and creation of automation solutions for those processes
- Experience building highly scalable, customer facing applications with a focus on the user experience and design
- 5+ years’ experience programming with one or more of advanced technologies such as PHP, Python, R, Scala, Kafka, and at least one ANSI-standard SQL RDBMS
- Experience with application security is highly desired and ability to clarify the difference and importance with Authentication and Authorization
- Understanding of database principles and expertise in one or more relational databases such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- 4+ years’ experience with complex relational database structures, and creation of complex SQL for data manipulation and retrieval
- Understand user interface patterns and behaviors, and use that understanding to create reusable, flexible and accessible components to enhance user experience
- Experience with one or more modern API development frameworks such as Play framework, Spring Boot etc.
- Experience/solid understanding of Data Science, Big Data, and Data Analytics frameworks such as Spark, Hive, Hadoop, Power BI, etc., and able to propose effective solutions using those frameworks
- A self-starter and self-learner, who is friendly, adaptive, collaborative, organized, and creative, with excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29254.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.