About the Company
Our client is a fully accredited College. They are looking for an FP&A Analyst who will be responsible for financial planning and analysis through creation, monitoring and forecasting of the Annual Operating Budget and supports the Director, Financial Planning.
Why Work Here
- Play a key role within the FP&A team, and be exposed to a wide breadth of subjects, aimed at supporting your career development and growth
- Strong inclusive culture that will put employees first. Strong work life balance, and open-door communication
- Offers a competitive package which includes a top-tier and an unrivaled Defined Benefits Pension Plan
About the Opportunity
- Supports the complete development of the college financial plan, particularly as it relates to the operating budget
- Provides client support in budget development, creates revenue models and projects allowable spending limits
- Provides client support in budget development, creation of corporate revenue models, costing of staffing plans, creation and monitoring of the enrolment plan and the determination of allowable spending
- Recommends to Director, Financial Planning actions concerning budgeting process incl. College-wide initiatives (e.g., budgeted salary savings, system enhancements, major projects etc.)
- Provides ongoing support to financial managers within the FPA’s client support group, directing managers in budget preparation & analysis, budget performance monitoring and forecasting. Supporting clients includes transacting monthly calendarization changes, budget adjustments with particular emphasis on providing accurate and meaningful year-end projections
- Analyzes and reports on budget vs. actual, revenue vs. expense and budget vs. forecast. Advises on the financial implications for the College wide financial plan
- Reviews monthly operating statements and detail reports to verify entries (budget, actual, commitments) for appropriateness and compliance with GAAP and provides direction to managers on apparent discrepancies
- Provides advice during the drafting of grant application on the proposed budget and accounting implications for each new contract. Processes Ministry of Colleges and Universities (MCU) and other Federal funding partner’s quarterly and annual returns/claims including preparation of financial and statistical data to ensure it meets contract requirements
- Acts as a mentor and trainer to Financial Managers, including training of departmental staff in the use of Millennium FAST/Banner, including and available reports, and in particular the importance of forecasting etc.
- Monitor, research and prepare detailed analysis on year-to-date budget variances, perform monthly account reconciliations for areas that the FPA is responsible for and reconcile grant funding to contracts
- Support the annual audit by preparing working papers and detailed analysis for areas that the FPA is responsible for
- Reviews assumptions with the Associate Dean and prepares 5-year cash flow analysis for new programs, including detailed enrolment, revenue and expenditure analysis
- Prepares a summary of issues, observations and recommendations for each new proposal for consideration by the Director for presentation to the Strategic Enrolment Management (SEM) committee
- CPA and A degree or equivalent in such disciplines as Business, Commerce or a related field required
- Minimum 2-3 years of solid FP&A experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (with a focus on data manipulation tools – Access & Excel)
$80,000 to $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 341195.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.