About the Company
Our client is a real estate finance company. They are looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to prepare the quarterly and annual filings – Management's Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), financial statements, supplemental information, press releases, etc., manage the annual audit, assist with corporate growth initiatives, including capital market activities and annual business planning.
Why Work Here
- Lots of exposure to senior management
- Small and tightknit team
- Good work/life balance
About the Opportunity
- Manage the timely preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and MD&A in accordance with IFRS
- Prepare and review analyses to support the MD&A sections of the quarterly and annual reports and the supplemental information
- Co-ordinate the quarterly reviews and year-end audits with the auditors, as well as manage the audit issues resolution process
- Research and interpret new accounting standards/guidelines to assess potential impacts of transactions on financial reporting
- Support the timely closure of technical accounting matters with external auditors through the preparation of accounting memos and consultations
- Review monthly investor statements, invoices to borrowers, interest payments to investors, G.L. analysis, and annual Canadian tax filings (T2, T5, NR4, T5013), etc.
- Prepare the Company's annual budget, quarterly projections and report to management on budget variances
- Develop, implement and maintain internal controls over financial reporting as required by N.I. 52-109
- Modify existing and designs new processes that maximize operational efficiency
- Provide advice on internal control issues and recommends and implements reporting enhancements
- CPA, CA
- Sound technical knowledge of IFRS, internal controls as well as continuous disclosure requirements
- Experience in foreign currency translation, preparing financial statements, accompanying notes, and the MD&A for a publicly-traded organization
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 282621.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role