About the Company
Our client is a leader in the public sector. They are looking for a Financial Policy Advisor who will provide policy support, research and advice to the Finance Teams, Senior Management Executive, Committees and Convocation.
Why Work Here
- Fairly mature and tenured team
- Office culture professional and diverse
- Complex and challenging work
About the Opportunity
- Client / Customer Service Delivery
- Takes a lead role in the development and implementation of integrated financial policies throughout the company, advising senior executives and the Audit and Finance Committee.
- Provides support to benchers and staff by assessing problems, situations and challenges, identifying core and consequential issues, analyzing research and other input and, drawing on their assessments, analyses and knowledge, advising on possible solutions, their impacts and risks.
- As Secretary to the Committees, Boards, etc., drafts and circulates reports for the bencher/director/trustee decision making process and informational requirements, and prepares agenda, minutes, and summaries of meetings.
- At the direction of the Executive Director, Finance and CFO, assesses organizational requirements in support of policy decisions, coordinates research activities, and apprises the senior Finance team on matters as appropriate.
- Liaises with client staff and managers to identify, analyze, interpret and develop solutions regarding financial policy / procedural needs, and continually seeks improvements in client accounting, management and reporting processes.
- The Financial Policy Advisor will liaise with the external advisors to recommend and assess the performance of the Society’s external investment advisor.
- The Financial Policy Advisor will be a primary contact and liaison with the board of the LSF and of LiRN proving guidance on such matters as insurance, risk management and compliance and financial reporting.
- At the direction of the Executive Director, Finance and CFO, carries out a variety of ongoing and special projects, including continuous development and improvement of financial systems and management processes, research and analysis of new initiatives, and analysis of emerging issues and their implications for the company, financial policies and procedures as well as risk and facilities impacts, in the short, medium and long-term.
- Undertakes financial policy and related research on behalf of the the company,
- Plans, organizes, manages and or executes research initiatives (both independently and delegated to Finance department managers), identifying issues and opportunities in the areas of finance and accounting standards and best practices, determining sources of relevant information, and evaluating the position of the company, with respect to current and anticipated standards.
- Maintains a network of expert resources in the areas of best practices and new developments in financial policy and procedure.
- Analyzes information, and predicts outcomes of informed change using research, statistical, evaluative and financial expertise.
- Drafts policy positions for consideration of senior management and committee(s), and prepares formal policy documentation, briefing notes, submissions, reports and supporting materials for approved initiatives.
- Special projects and Initiatives
- Drafts submissions, correspondence, presentations, articles, etc., on behalf of benchers and staff.
- Attends, addresses and participates in meetings, conferences, symposia, etc.
- May lead and/or support consultation and stakeholder initiatives related to financial policy development.
- May undertake a variety of other projects as assigned or required.
- 10 years+ previous related experience providing senior level financial and/or policy analysis and recommendations, preferably in a not-for-profit or public service environment
Up to $160,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote # 305163.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role