About the Opportunity
- Advises and assists in the development and review of the financial plan
- Supports the complete development of the financial plan, particularly as it relates to the operating budget
- Provides client support in budget development, creates revenue models and projects allowable spending limits
- Provides client support in budget development, creation of corporate revenue models, costing of staffing plans, creation and monitoring of the enrolment plan and the determination of allowable spending
- Provides operational support and directs operations in financial matters
- Provides ongoing support to financial managers within the FPA’s client support group, directing managers in budget preparation & analysis, budget performance monitoring and forecasting
- Supporting clients includes transacting monthly calendarization changes, budget adjustments with particular emphasis on providing accurate and meaningful year-end projections
- Reviews monthly operating statements and detailed reports to verify entries (budget, actual, commitments) for appropriateness and compliance with GAAP and provides direction to managers on apparent discrepancies
- Acts as a mentor and trainer to Financial Managers, including training of departmental staff in the use of available reports, and in particular the importance of forecasting etc.
- Review’s assumptions and prepares 5-year cash flow analysis including revenue and expenditure analysis
- Accounting Designation
- 5+ years’ experience in a related position or being a business finance partner
- Strong and demonstrated analytical skills are critical for this position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and well-developed problem-solving skills
- Other essential skills include strong time management skills, ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing conditions and requirements, initiative, ability to work alone and as a member of a team, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to coach/guide others, high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29152.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.