About the Company
Our client is a large global pharmaceutical company, and they are looking for a Financial Controller to join their team.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Fast paced, ambitious, passionate, and collaborative culture
- Tenured, capable and passionate leadership team
- Professional growth and development, internal career trajectory, interesting work (business transformation on multiple levels, optimization initiatives, define processes, etc.)
- Provide financial leadership in planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and commentary of the business results. Monthly reports include a breakdown of variances for volume, spend, yield, and write-off. Perform factory and product cost calculations.
- Ensure financial reports are accurate and completed in a timely manner, providing full clarity on all aspects of the business for decision making.
- Cash flow management with focus on inventory management, spare parts inventory, and capital expenditures. Responsible for accounting and reporting of provisions for obsolete assets.
- Manage treasury and financing needs for entity operations.
- Develop financials for capital expenditure proposals. Track capital expenditure spending in collaboration with site Engineering. Responsible for depreciation calculations.
- Responsible for standard costing development and maintenance for products produced at the site.
- Financial support for new product introductions and portfolio changes.
- Compile tax documents as required, including annual return, annual SRED claim, and monthly statutory returns.
- Support annual audit of statutory financial statements with external auditors.
- Collaborate with other SLT members to generate a pipeline of Value Creation Initiatives (VCI). Support VCI financials and projections. Track VCI savings and performance against plans at the site in collaboration with Functional and Corporate VCI teams.
- Participate in the development of long-term strategic plans.
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with company procedures.
- Support implementation of digital projects within the factory.
- Participate and lead performance conversations with employees, including monthly one on ones, to connect on performance; check in on employee’s progress toward achieving Objectives, offer support and remove barriers; and, communicate and revisit performance expectations to reinforce and encourage high performance culture and a safe working environment for all employees.
- Utilize open, honest, two-way communication to build trust-based relationships with employees and business partners while continuously improving leadership capabilities by personally seeking feedback and development.
- Utilize your networks to attract and hire talent in a comprehensive, differentiated and consistent manner essential to our continued growth; then, onboard new employees by providing a consistent experience that reflects the values and commitments made to candidates during the hiring process.
- Ensure adherence of team members (direct reports) with all compliance programs and company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
- CPA designation or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years working experience as controller preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of product costing principles and processes.
- Exhibited business acumen in understanding cross-functional processes, requirements and relevant information flows; translating gaps into solutions.
- Highly proficient in SAP and MS Office applications. Knowledge of digitalization tools (Alteryx, Qlik Sense, etc.) is desirable.
$130,000 - $150,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 393207
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.