The position reports directly to the Group CFO and indirectly to the site General Manager. This position is one member of a cross-functional site leadership team and must be able to partner with leaders from other areas of the business including but not limited to Operations, Costing, Supply Chain, Project Management, Sales and Marketing and Human Resources, to achieve the business plan.
About the Opportunity
- Management of the monthly financial close process
- Generating financial statements in accordance with local and US GAAP.
- Development of a sound annual plan and 5-year strategic plan.
- Driving business performance to meet performance commitments.
- Developing accurate and predictable business forecasts.
- Report on the financial past, present and future performance of the business units which comprise the Group, with a deep understanding for the drivers behind variances (including earnings, expenses and future operations)
- Ensure compliance with Corporate accounting practices and procedures and internal controls
- Ensure complete compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements, ensuring procedures and internal controls are in place in each respective business unit within the Group
- As applicable, strong project accounting and management background
- Deep understanding of the business unit’s financial health and key drivers
- Minimum of 10 years of accounting experience in a global manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Public accounting experience preferred, but not required
- MBA preferred, professional certification as a CPA or equivalent required
- Proficient in US GAAP
- Strong information systems/ERP system experience. Superior Excel skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27423.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.