About the Opportunity
- Responsible for month-end and year-end closing procedures as it relates to fixed assets and occupancy costs. This includes balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations and fixed asset continuity schedules
- Maintain the Fixed Asset subledger for both Retail and Properties legal entities ensuring that all capitalizations/disposals adhere to policy and IFRS standards
- Ensure occupancy related payments for both Retail and Properties legal entities are made in a timely fashion
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for occupancy related expenses, assets, and Properties entity
- Maintain all statutory accounts and records for Properties entity
- Prepare and/or update business process & procedural documentation with respect to fixed assets and occupancy accounting; including identifying opportunities for efficiencies
- University Degree with an accounting designation or near completion.
- 4-5 years of relevant financial accounting and reporting experience
- Experience with SAP, Cognos and other large accounting systems is an asset
- Advanced/expert Excel skills
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Detail oriented and takes initiative
- Confident and effective communication (written & verbal)
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #333692.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our clients requirements for this role.