About the Company
The company provides Personal and Commercial Specialty Insurance solutions to protect Canadian families and businesses across Canada, through our trusted network of Broker partners. Member of the CAA Club Group of Companies, and is an equal opportunity employer who offers a professional environment that champions collaboration, trust, and growth to drive success. We cultivate a great working dynamic to help us deliver what is best for our associates, Brokers, and Customers.
About the Opportunity
- Analyzes various balance sheet accounts, operating accounts and financial statements on a monthly basis to ensure that the information contained in the General Ledger and reflected on the monthly Financial Statements is both current and accurate
- Participates in the year-end processing cycle and audit
- Assists in the evaluation and improvement of internal accounting controls as they relate to all aspects of the Company's operation and ensures such policies and procedures are carried out
- Performs research and makes analyses relative to losses and adverse financial trends and suggests remedial measures
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with departments to facilitate the planning/reporting process.
- Interpret financial results for users who must make sound business or compliance decisions based on recommendations
- Develop key performance matrix and indicators that will help management to assess the operating efficiency of divisions and departments
- Use various software applications to provide consolidated information in a user friendly format for easier comprehension by senior management
- Prepare communication on financial reports that provide in depth analysis and trend information which will help forecast future outcomes. Including Loss & combined ratios
- Provide support regarding strategic management planning and implementation including presentation and analysis of internal controls
- Compile and check data for errors and anomalies follow up with questions and ensure resolution of issue.
- Assist Executives and Senior Management on projects as required.
- Complete with accuracy quarterly and annual regulatory reporting and reconciliations.
- University degree/College diploma in Commerce/Finance/Accounting or related discipline
- Professional designation or enrolment - CPA
- 1 to 3 years financial statement preparation / analysis experience in the insurance industry preferred
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong MS Office skills - in particular MS Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Highly organized; Ability to effectively set priorities to meet operational deadlines
$65,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #324653
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.