About the Company
Our client is a well-known organization in the healthcare industry. They are looking for a Financial Analyst who will assist with all aspects of financial support for the Research business unit within the organization.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunities to grow and develop within Finance team
- Rewarding work in a great company. Employees are extremely passionate about the hospital and institute, and really want to be there!
- This role will interact with all levels of management within Finance
- Opportunity to drive and buildout process improvements/ efficiencies
- Building working relationships with Principal Investigators, Scientists and their teams to perform end-of-grant processes
- Preparing grant closeout functions required by Research Finance and external agencies including reconciliations, final invoices and zeroing out budgets.
- Conducting specific month end tasks, such as preparing journal entries related to internal billings and cost reallocations
- Monitoring and managing the general Research Finance email inboxes
- Updating activity attributes and budgets in Lawson
- Updating list of deliverables for the Research Finance team
- Assisting Accounts Receivable Department with collection on outstanding invoices issued by Research Finance
- Supporting an environment that encourages best practices, high standards, and innovation.
- Developing additional analysis and reporting on a regular or ad-hoc basis to respond to funder and/or management requirements for timely, accurate and relevant financial information.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by management.
- The successful candidate will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized institution, or equivalent experience.
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 3+ years of Accounting/ Finance experience
- Experience with the application of GAAP and other financial standards, ideally in a PSAB environment preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a Research environment preferred, within a NPO
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #399799
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.