About the Company
Our client is a leading mining company. They are currently looking for a Financial Analyst, Financial Reporting and Projects, to take on responsibilities related to project analysis and other ad hoc tasks.
Why Work Here
- Comprehensive salary and benefits package
- Work for an excellent boss, who was promoted internally and who is a great mentor
- Lots of room for growth within the business
About the Opportunity
- Support the preparation of consolidated financial statements and MD&A by providing consistent checks of documents.
- Support the preparation of other external financial reporting including various regulatory filings and environmental reports.
- Key liaison of reporting results with the FP&A group and marketing group and ensure key activities in those groups are integrated into financial reporting and business decision making.
- Support the development of global accounting policies and implementation of accounting standard changes.
- Financial system superuser authorities and monitors data security and controls for financial systems.
- Preparation (primary or supportive) of more advanced accounting matters such as revenue oversight, stream accounting analysis and impairment cash flow assessments.
- Support other Business Unit finance teams.
- Support the operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting at corporate.
- Preparation and research of complex accounting analysis for new standards, as applicable.
- Support the external financial reporting process:
- Prepare consolidated CSR and ESTMA environmental reports
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory filings such as XBRL
- Perform a quality check for consistency, grammar of all external financial reporting documents
- Perform a quality review of our supporting working papers and perform a tick & tie of all external financial reporting documents
- Perform oversight controls for revenue including the monitoring of weights & assays and valuation of receivables and other MD&A analysis
- Prepare stream accounting working papers quarterly
- Preparation and research complex accounting standards for new standards
- Manage the quarterly issues log
- Research and document resolution to accounting issues as directed by management
- Prepare supporting journal entries to record such issues and maintain monthly supporting schedules
- Support and manage special projects in finance
- CPA, CA (from Big 7 ideally)
- IFRS Experience
- Mining industry background
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #29884.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.