The Financial Analyst – Cost is responsible to ensure all item standard costs are updated annually or as major cost increases or savings are realized. The role acts as a business partner providing reporting, analytics and insights to influence business decision-making for the Supply Chain Team.
About the Opportunity
Develop product standard costs for bulk quantities and ingredients and roll-up bills of materials and processes to cost all bulk items through each step of production:
- Gather and provide analysis for the creation of standard costs for all raw materials for internal planning and accounting systems
- Working closely with the Senior Supply Manager and other product managers to accurately cost bulk inventory components and final products incorporating yields, losses and resources and accounting for by-products
- Ensure actual costs flow through system and report on variances to standard including purchase price, invoice and usage variances
- Project and report impact of cost changes to brand and trade channel managers, as required
- Support the Financial Manager, Supply Chain & Costing in the planning and forecasting of variances between management reporting and external reporting cost methodologies
- Track and cost the impact of bulk finished goods cascaded by Segment and Brand reporting back to the Brand Managers and Financial Analyst, Brand and Consumer
- Complete quarterly valuations of bulk inventory including adjustments to losses, foreign exchange, interest and adjustments to standard costs
- Develop KPI reporting and commentary on the production of bulk product and review with appropriate stakeholders
Perform ad-hoc Analysis and Support Business Development:
- Gather data to support the development of Business Cases for Supply, Inventory Strategies and Capital Investments.
- Actively, seek opportunities to use technology to improve efficiencies and leverage current tool set.
- Act as subject matter expert on Master Data Management
- Coach and supervise Master Data Team
- CGA or CMA designation preferred
- University degree with a focus in business
- 3+ years’ experience in related fields, general knowledge of manufacturing and supply chain
- Experience in consumer packaged goods industry, preferred
- Ability to stand your ground and be persuasive to achieve targeted measurable results and ensure operating and strategic goals are met
- Proficient in analytics, financial modeling and financial accounting and reporting
- Advanced analytical and presentation
- Strong time management skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams to deliver actionable insights
- Strong relationship management skills; ability to collaborate and develop key internal relationships
- Excellent communication skills, written, graphical and verbal
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities and multiple projects
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24705.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.