About the Opportunity
- Financial Accounting:
- Supports the month-end and year-end financial close out procedure and assists in maintaining the general ledger through timely preparation of journal entries and ensures sufficient supporting documentation included
- Prepare variance analysis, understanding the nature of the business to provide an in-depth analysis identifying key factors contributing to the variance, ensuring completeness and accuracy of data
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation on a timely basis and liaise with cross-functional departments to obtain support for reconciling items
- Financial Reporting:
- Prepare financial information to assist in the production of leadership reporting packages for Resource and Executive committees and Board meeting presentations;
- Assist the Senior Financial Reporting Specialist to design, develop and implement reports based on business needs;
- Internal Control:
- Monitor and map non-complex business processes, with particular attention to internal control and reporting functions; and identify immediate and longer-term solutions to ensure the integrity of data and financial information;
- Exercise due diligence in fiscal management and reporting, independently and when part of a project delivery team to reduce financial, legal, and reputational risks;
- Other Responsibilities:
- File HST return monthly with CRA
- Maintenance of chart of accounts
- Engage in ad hoc projects for the Manager and for Senior Management
- The Financial analyst will utilize their ability to think critically and challenge existing practices to provide operational leadership that is visionary, creative and collaborative.
- Accounting Designation
- 2-5 years of financial reporting/accounting experience. Experience within a Big 4 accounting firm
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes initiative and team player
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #393145.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.