About the Opportunity
- Supports the Senior Director, Finance as needed, to research, develop, and document technical accounting memos
- Prepares and/or reviews technical accounting interpretations for various issues that arise
- Collaborates with other departments to support the preparation of Ministry of Health (MOH), Ontario Health and/or other funders documents and reports;
- Aids in the preparation and filing of the Organizations annual and periodic tax returns including financial statements, statutory reports, executive summary reports, corporate tax return, etc.;
- Follows financial reporting policies and procedures and reviews financial reports to ensure compliance with GAAP, MIS Guidelines, Multi-Sector Service Accountability Agreements (M-SAA); Organization’s financial Signing Authority and Delegation Policies; all relevant Organization financial directives, policies and guidelines; and the Canadian Public Sector Accounting Standards (for not-for-profit organizations);
- Able to generate key internal and external financial reports and is also responsible for the design of new financial reports
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of monthly financial statements and year end audited financial statements
- Assists with the review of financial statements, reconciliations, and assigned working papers prepared by junior accounting staff
- Responsible for internal and external financial reporting for the assigned programs
- Assists with the preparation of required documents for various management and Board of Directors meetings
- Works with clinical and administrative business units on financial aspects of financial accounting and reporting
- Performs continuous assessment of the month-end and year-end closing process and evaluates ways to increase efficiency and reduce the timing to close the financial period
- Assists to ensure financial and planning processes are appropriately linked to projects, service delivery and other visible department outputs which provide value to clients, while identifying opportunities for cost savings and revenue generation
- Assists in the preparation of cash flow, working capital and total margin projections and analysis
- Analyzes financial/statistical reports on a regular basis, taking remedial action to resolve identified issues
- Monitors, analyzes and reconciles variances from approved plan, taking remedial action to attain budgeted targets and mitigate run rates
- Prepares and presents financial reports, as required
- Active progress to achieve CPA certification (asset)
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field (e.g. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration and/or relevant field) is required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in finance in a number of functional areas including public accounting, not-for-profit and/or healthcare, full cycle accounting and policy development etc.
- General ledge reconciliations, Bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations
- Full cycle month-end reporting (journal entries, Accruals, assisting in financial reporting
- Strong computer skills including PowerPoint, Excel (Macro’s an asset), Word, Visio (an asset) and, Power BI (an asset), Microsoft Dynamics GP (an asset)
- Advance Excel Knowledge (Pivot tables and vLookups)
- Comfortable working in Newmarket on a Hybrid basis
- NPO Experience
- Great Plains Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; able to prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team, management, board of directors, stakeholders and partners such as external vendors
- Ability to adapt to change and navigate through ambiguous situations
- Project management skills
- Work outside of normal business hours as required
$60,000 - $68,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #400438.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.