About the Opportunity
- Perform daily accounting duties - including posting journal entries, reconciling accounts, and preparing financial analysis.
- Responsible for the month end closing process in assigned areas.
- Responsible for monthly sales margin and PPV analysis to support decision making.
- Reconcile inventory at month end and perform reprint & waste analysis.
- Analyze the monthly variances between GL vs the cost module and provide insights.
- Annual review of the cost driver populations and update the baselines for each cost pool.
- Mange lease schedule and perform ongoing analysis on fixed assets and leasing equipment.
- Prepare audit working papers and contribute to streamlining the YE audit process.
- Assist in the annual planning for variable costs, fixed costs & the department expense budgets.
- Assist in cash flow monitoring and support on preparing P&L and cash flow forecasts.
- Optimize the cost model to achieve effectiveness and strengthen internal control.
- Assist in implementing internal controls to safeguard company assets, prevent fraud, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and accounting standards.
- Provide recommendations to improve financial performance and operational efficiency.
- Any other tasks assigned by manager or senior management.
- Major in Accounting or Finance, an accounting designation or working towards one.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Financial Analyst role.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of DOMO or Power BI is an asset.
- Experience of pricing and cost analysis is an asset.
- Experience working in a manufacturing ERP environment is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fully computerized environment including advanced Excel skills, proficient in other MS office applications.
- Excellent communication skills, people skills and problem-solving skills
$60,000 - $70,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #392796.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.