About the Opportunity
- Prepare or review accounting of various divisions under multiple bases of GAAP (IFRS, US GAAP)
- Prepare and review journal entries and reconciliations.
- Ensure all monthly accruals are calculated accurately in Accrual systems and fed to accounting General Ledger
- Investigate unexpected variances in the operational accounting results, providing supporting explanations and analytical commentary
- Prepare and review quarterly balance sheet and income statement analytics
- Prepare or review journal entries and reconciliations
- Timely and accurate production of quarterly financial submissions to Corporate Accounting
- Analysis of actual financial results against plan and prior periods by providing commentary
- Develop and prepare for various management reports
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly/annual statutory reports
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or near completion
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience with solid exposure to financial reporting and analysis
- Prior experience within a banking, investment or Insurance industry
- Demonstrated strength in the use of MS Excel, MS Access
- Good understanding of different bases of accounting (US GAAP/IFRS)
- Excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #338597.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.