About the Company
Our client is a well-established insurance services company. They are looking for a Financial Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the business from a finance perspective.
Why Work Here
- Unique projects completed and ongoing and systems to further development professional learning
- High level of exposure to senior leadership
- Good work/life balance
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for the annual budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning processes including preparation of the annual budgets through information gathering, preparation and maintenance of detailed financial models for the company
- Accountable for accurate information reporting, including the preparation, maintenance and analysis of complex worksheets supporting monthly, quarterly and annual reporting processes
- Prepare monthly variance reporting and deep-dive reviews to improve the accuracy of our forecasting and provide financial insights to management
- Provide support in monthly conversations with Business Partners to discuss insights, trends, risks and opportunities and adequately reflect rolling monthly projections of key performance indicators in month-end presentation
- Provide leadership by utilizing quantitative and qualitative financial analysis to identify areas to improve, challenge viability of plans / forecasts and present insights to enable timely intervention
- Participate in special projects (such as IFRS 17, Capital Allocation, Benchmarking) with cross-functional Finance teams
- 3 - 5 years working in the Insurance industry with hands-on proficiency in Financial Planning & Analysis and ability to solve complex problems.
- Capability to manipulate large volumes of data into valuable business insights.
- Strong analytical skillset, including the utilization of Power BI and Microsoft Office tools such as Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SAP BPC and Power BI would be considered a strong asset
$80,000 - $85,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 305887.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.