About the Company
Our client is a global real estate asset manager. They are looking for a Financial Analyst who will be part of the real estate management team which is responsible for providing services to drive optimal returns from investments.
Why Work Here
- High exposure role and great opportunities for growth
- World class asset management company
- Fantastic boss that is an amazing leader and mentor
- Lots of interesting projects to be involved with
About the Opportunity
- Onboarding and offboarding investments – including review of organizational structures, review of fund flow in close coordination with tax, open bank accounts, review loan agreements, review cash management agreements, review closing statements, purchase price allocations, onboard third-party property managers, etc.
- Prepare various financial information and analytics to ensure accuracy of reporting as well as optimal performance
- Assist in preparing materials for valuation meeting, board meeting and quarterly results meeting
- Assist in preparing financial and management reporting for real estate portfolio assigned, including preparing and analyzing return goals (IRR, MOC, TWR)
- Ensure lender compliance, REIT compliance, statutory compliance, governance & control testing, etc.
- Prepare investor capital calls and distributions
- Reporting – Fund reporting and investment property reporting
- Prepare financial statements and investor reporting prepared in accordance with US GAAP – Investment Company Accounting and IFRS
- Assist with the external audit and tax reporting process with big 4 firms
- Prepare / assist with quarterly reporting deliverables, including board meeting materials
- Assist with value-add initiatives
- Assist as needed with due diligence related to refinancing, dispositions, development and re-development
- Assist with system enhancements with focus on scalability for future growth and improving efficiency
- Assist and liaise with tax consultant, as necessary for real estate tax reassessment and appeals
- CPA or in progress
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in a complex organizational and reporting structure
- Experience in accounting / consolidation systems (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, Yardi, JD Edwards, Hyperion, OneStream, etc.) considered an asset
$70,000 - $75,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 300543.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role