ARE YOU LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE FOR AN EXCITING CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY AS A FINANCIAL ANALYST? Our client is looking for a CPA to join their team for a 3 month contract with the potential for it to become permanent.
Financial Analyst - 3 Month Contract to Permanent
Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Analyst will play a key role in supporting various division managers in preparing and consolidating monthly forecasting, business plan, and land acquisition analysis as well as ad hoc analysis as required.
About the Opportunity
- Build, maintain, and update accurate cash flow forecast for development projects
- Review project job cost and prepare variance analysis by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts. Identifying major risk area, trend and recommending actions to management
- Preform monthly reports, cost analysis and enforcing internal policies and procedures
- Work very closely with Construction team to ensure savings and extras are properly translated into appropriate financial results – understand and meet their reporting needs and update on project cost-to-complete
- Create proforma scenarios and cash flow projections in collaboration with development and construction departments
- Prepare monthly reporting packages for investors including banks and joint-venture partners
- Prepare journal entries for month-end closings and year-end adjustments
- Assist with the preparation of project budgets
- Assist in the preparation and processing of monthly construction draw
- Prepare year-end working paper for audit
- Identify opportunities and challenges that affect financial results
- Continuously seeking for ways to enhance efficiencies in reporting process
- Perform ad-hoc projects, analysis and reporting as required
- Minimum of 3 years working in Construction and Real Estate Development
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CPA designation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Passion for real estate development and finance with a proactive and independent nature, including strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments in a team environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Working Knowledge in Constellation New Star Enterprise is a Plus
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24024.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.