About the Opportunity
- Everyday banking, posting entries, reconciling banks and directing bank transactions to appropriate staff and departments for posting
- Period, quarter and year end close analytics, including variance analysis
- Assisting with several areas of the period and year end close process, such as bank reconciliations, posting journal entries, accrued liability reconciliations, etc.
- Assisting with cash flow management and reporting
- Assisting with the overall integrity of the financial data, processes and business controls for the organization
- Continuously helping to improve the financial reporting processes
- Participating, supporting and driving corporate wide financial priorities and initiatives
- Prepare and process corporate journal entries
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of rolling cash flow forecasts
- Ensure confidentiality of all financial and proprietary information
- Analyze the financial results, including highlighting accounting issues and providing explanations for any variances to budget
- Monitor and provide recommendations on all key financial numbers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with a focus on accounting and/or finance
- Currently working towards CPA Designation, or will start soon
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel skills, including Pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Excellent documentation skills to ensure working papers are audit quality
- Independent, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, highly acquisitive, changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented
- Experience in Blackline reconciliations tool is an asset
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #29369.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.