Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance, the Financial Analyst will support the financial reporting, daily accounting activities, workflow and day-to-day issues within the Finance department.
About the Opportunity
- Responsible for the full cycle accounting for investment management subsidiaries
- Responsible for financial reporting and analysis of the financial results
- Preparing monthly tax returns and regulatory reports, as applicable
- Assisting with the year-end financial audits, including preparing audit working papers
- Assisting in the annual budget process
- Identifying opportunities to make improvements to current processes or procedures; and completing special projects and other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years financial reporting experience combined with an accounting designation or working towards a designation
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to meet deadlines, including the flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Sound analytical skills backed with an attention to details and a motivation to the identify underlying issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously or cooperatively as a team
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong knowledge of other computer applications – general ledgers, PowerPoint and Word
$55,000 - $65,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #28141.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.