The Financial Analyst supports Business Unit Accounting to provide accurate and timely financial statements and recommends corrective financial actions or methods to improve processes and procedures within the department. The incumbent is the point of contact for Branches and Regional Offices regarding accounting issues and is responsible to investigate and reconcile discrepancies. The incumbent is also responsible for various functional areas in the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements.
About the Opportunity
- Books monthly journal entries and accruals
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts
- Identifies and investigates discrepancies, Issues journal entry to proper accounts
- Works with Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable/ Operations to have supporting documentation for journal entries
- Responds to all inquiries and concerns from Branch and Regional Office personnel
- Works with internal and external auditors to provide documentation and explanation
- Acts as the finance business partner for the Distribution Centre and supports the team with financial analysis as needed.
- Completion of or working towards the CPA designation
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting role
- Strong analytical skills required with the ability to perform complex account reconciliations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and strong time management skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Team player with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
$70,000 - $75,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24865.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.