ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED FINANCIAL ANALYST LOOKING FOR AN EXCITING CHALLENGE? Our client requires a Financial Analyst.
About the Company
Our client is a Toronto based manufacturer with a 50+ year operating history. They service the automotive, industrial and marine industries.
About the Opportunity
- Assist in preparation of monthly and yearly Financial Statements in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly journal entries and assist in month end closing
- Perpetual inventory reconciliation to the General Ledger
- Month end analysis of costs and variances and related reports and presentations
- Weekly and monthly reporting of metrics
- Extract plant shop floor data to ensure manufacturing variances are understood and analysis of data
- Work with Plant team in ensuring accurate product costing and to ensure accurate valuation of inventories
- Forecast and report all monthly manufacturing variance
- Assist in preparing weekly and monthly metrics
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities as necessary
- Assist with year-end Financial Audit
- Work on special ad-hoc projects or reporting, as required
- Undergraduate Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Accounting designation or MBA
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in manufacturing accounting
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley preferred
- Experience working with a multi-product manufacturing standard product costing system
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Has strong command of IT systems, and ERP implementation experience would be an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Ability to adapt to changing needs, to handle multi-tasking, and to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills and process improvement mindset
- Ability to problem solve and think “big picture”
$70,000 - $80,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #24210.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.