ARE YOU LOOKING TO UTILIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE FOR AN EXCITING CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY AS A FINANCIAL ANALYST? Our client is looking for a designated professional to join their team for a 14 month contract.
Financial Analyst - 14 Month Contract
Our client is in need of a Financial Analyst for a 14 month maternity leave contract. At this level, the incumbent typically supports multiple portfolios or business units.
About the Opportunity
- Provides complex transactional support for a process within an accounting cycle and/or full cycle accounting support (account reconciliations, journal entries, consolidations)
- Prepares and reconciles audit working papers
- Gathers audit support data upon request. Documentation is reviewed prior to submission
- Reviews results to determine accrual entries in coordination with internal managers
- Prepares bank reconciliations and journal entries
- Preparation of department budgets/forecasts and providing commentary around variance analysis
- Codes and validates expense reports, vendor invoices and procurement cards
- Enters data to sub ledger systems and direct to General Ledger
- Identifies and recommends process improvement opportunities at an account level following GAAP procedures
- Prepares memos and provides variance explanations
- Provides input to process documentations
- Partially completed an Accounting designation program
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to identify complex and resolve basic transactional accounting discrepancies
- Ability to identify and recommend process improvement opportunities at an account level following GAAP procedures
- Intermediate level knowledge of current accounting systems and MS Office suite of software
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #23997.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Lannick is the premier professional recruitment and staffing firm in the Greater Toronto Area. Founded in 1985, Lannick provides best-in-class finance, accounting and technology professionals at all roles and levels through its four divisions: Lannick Finance & Accounting, Pro Count Staffing, Lannick Technology, and Lannick Project Recruitment. Lannick places more than 1,300 candidates annually and is a preferred vendor for Canada’s most successful organizations. Learn more about Lannick, a Vaco company, at www.lannick.com.