About the Company
Our client is a prominent and growing real estate organization. They are currently looking for a Finance Manager to join their Commercial Development Team.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Opportunity to join a growing organization with room for career development progression
- Organization has real estate projects all over the GTA, with constant pipeline of new and exciting projects
- Get exposure to all Real Estate streams
- Oversee and understand the active projects and potential new projects coming down the pipeline.
- Oversee the overall accounting cycle of the active projects, including journal entries, trial balance review, budget-to-actual analysis, accounts payable, bank draw processing, cash positions, cash calls and tracking costs for different aspect of the projects.
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting for assigned portfolio, including, account reconciliations and analysis as needed.
- Prepare and understand the cash position of the active projects under construction that have not secured a construction loan.
- Responsible for tracking project costs, change orders, invoices, etc. for commercial development projects.
- Complete account payable cycle including obtain and review supplier invoices, change order processing, etc.
- Track cash flows and prepare project funding draws.
- Review loan commitments, maintain letters of credit, and assist in monthly reporting.
- Project variance and cost analysis. (Actual vs budget, costs to date, costs to complete, etc.)
- Preparation of monthly internal and external partner reporting and bank progress draws.
- Calculate the construction interest on the construction loan to ensure that we are recording the exact amount reported by the bank.
- Understanding the construction budget proposed by general contractors for projects under construction.
- Analyze the spending incurred by general contractors against their proposed budget and see that they are in line.
- Analyze the spending incurred by the project manager on the soft costs against the fee proposal signed by the project manager.
- Assist in HST audit or review of projects under construction.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual HST reconciliation
- Professional Accounting Designation is required (CA, CGA, CMA, CPA)
- 5+ years of experience in full cycle accounting in development accounting, property accounting, and/or commercial accounting.
- Understanding of various joint business arrangements (JV, partnerships etc.).
- Understanding of concepts and underlying details, ability to identify errors, and foresight to strategize and make decisions with consideration to both operational and financial implications.
- Experience with cash flow analysis and budgeting.
- Strong organizational skills to manage several ongoing and new tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate across all levels and functional areas of the company.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Yardi Voyeur is considered an asset.
$100,000 - $130,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #387091.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.