About the Company
Our client is an importer and distributor of lumber and hardwood lumber products. They are looking for a Senior Accountant who will oversee the day-to-day Finance/ Accounting, including month-end, risk management and compliance, budget preparation and coordination with external auditors.
Why Work Here
About the Opportunity
- Growth opportunities (as company grows, this role will too)!
- High exposure role, working directly with CFO and Senior leadership
- Hands on CFO invested in building a successful team through mentorship and lots of development opportunities
- Manage and comply with government reporting requirements including corporate tax
- Oversee risk management and compliance
- Prepare and manage month end close process
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements and management reports
- Assist in preparation of budget and financial forecasts; Review spending and budgets monthly with CFO and Accounting team
- Work closely with external auditors
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting functions
- Manage day to day accounting and provide oversight to accounting team
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of financial policies and procedures, in accordance with good practices of internal control and generally accepted accounting principles
- Ensuring compliance with provincial and federal laws and process Government and Provincial Sales Tax payments.
- Work closely with CFO to develop new systems and processes
- CPA Designation
- 4+ years experience with Financial Reporting
- Experience working in a start up environment or rapid growth company preferred
- Experience with process improvements, implementing controls, etc.
$90,000 - $110,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote #386399
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.